Family Physiotherapy Centre is the first clinic in London to offer the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill. Thanks to its precise unweighting technology, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill allows you to push your training and physiotherapy rehabilitation further than ever before.
- Reduce gravity’s impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of your body weight by 1% increments
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Improve mobility, strength and safety for those with neurological conditions
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
- Train without pain and reduce the stress to joints and muscles
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
At Family Physiotherapy Centre of London the AlterG can be incorporated into your physiotherapy sessions at no extra charge. The AlterG can also be used outside of a physiotherapy session on a per-use basis.
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill can be used in a wide variety of conditions for rehabilitation.
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill gets mobility-impaired patients back on their feet and on the road to achieving a better quality of life. During rehabilitation, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps seniors attain greater mobility by:
- Providing support and confidence to start walking and take more steps in comfort.
- Enabling you to walk or even jog further, faster and with more stability than you may have previously thought possible.
- Preventing falls, which increases comfort and confidence during rehab and beyond.
- Improving health and wellness and helping you achieve more independence in your day-to-day life.
Injuries where the AlterG would be utilized as part of a treatment plan include but are not limited to:
- Knee Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Meniscus Repair
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
Sport Injury Rehab/Athlete Training
Whether rehabilitating or returning from a sports related injury, or simply wishing to train with less stress, you can take your fitness to the next level with the AlterG®Anti-Gravity Treadmill®’s innovative NASA-patented technology. This state-of-the-art technology is ideal for all types of athletes including top-level pros, weekend warriors, and university/high school athletes.
With this revolutionary athlete rehab and fitness treadmill, you can:
- Push your training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury.
- Maintain and develop fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery.
- Easily track progress during training and rehabilitation with precise unweighting.
- Potentially return to competition sooner.
As an athlete, incorporating the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill into your training and sports injury rehab programs enables you to:
- Build confidence and achieve a quick and full recovery.
- Prolong your career by giving you a way to build endurance and leg strength without the usual pounding and impact on your body
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular fitness during the rehabilitation process
- Reduce the risk of developing bad habits and maintain your normal gait and biomechanics during rehab
- Run longer and recover faster with less pain
- Gradually progress and easily adjust the intensity of your workout
- Minimize impact that can lead to injury or derail rehab programs
- Work on your technique in a safe environment
This athlete rehab and fitness treadmill is the perfect tool for aging athletes who desire to prolong their career. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill enables the older athlete to maintain and even increase endurance and leg strength, without the usual pounding such training entails. Quickly becoming the secret weapon of top pro athletes, it is increasingly being used at home as a central training tool for those players who want to remain healthy and strong, into their 30’s and 40’s and beyond.
Already used by the world’s top athletes, universities and professional sports teams, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill can give you the most advanced training and sports injury rehab technology.
In paediatric physiotherapy and rehabilitation, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® offers innovative NASA-patented unweighting technology that is both effective and fun. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill:
- Enables children to perform physical activities they previously couldn’t
- Keeps kids motivated and engaged by making therapy fun and letting them “walk on the moon!”
- Helps children with injuries or developmental disorders train their legs to walk or even run
- Allows for neuromuscular re-education in a fall safe environment
- Helps children get mobile again, with little to no pain which may help improve their overall quality of life
AlterG’s Anti-Gravity Treadmill brings a fun, versatile and effective tool to paediatric physiotherapy and rehabilitation. It can be used in therapy for children with Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Movement and Gait Dysfunction, Brain Injuries, Post-surgical Rehab and more.
Paediatric physiotherapists are rapidly discovering the value that the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill adds to their rehabilitation programs. This revolutionary pediatric treadmill provides therapists with a way to keep their patients motivated and excited about therapy. The safe, comfortable, and controlled body weight support system allows pediatric rehabilitation patients to work on:
- Endurance – improve cardiovascular health
- Strength – increase muscle strength and coordination
- Training – correct lower-limb gait dysfunction
- Range of Motion – keep the body flexible and maintain good joint health
- Balance – reduce the likelihood of falls by training in a controlled environment
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill makes paediatric physiotherapy fun and engaging to help children recover the strength and mobility they need to get back to the fun of being a kid.
Anti-Gravity Treadmill Fees
Using the AlterG as part of Physiotherapy
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill is a tool used by physiotherapists, and is therefore covered under your physiotherapy benefits. If the AlterG is incorporated into your physiotherapy treatment then no additional fees apply. Ask your therapist if the AlterG would be right for you.
Assessments will range from 45 -60 minutes in length, and include a detailed subjective history and a physical examination. If the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill is deemed appropriate a plan will be developed for your treatment sessions.
If your physician would like to refer you to use the anti-gravity treadmill, you can print out a referral form and have your physician provide you with the referral. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at our Central location (519-439-6111) to book an appointment.
You may also email us at ReceptionCentral@fpclondon.com
Using the AlterG on your own
If you are not a patient at our clinic, or if you would like to use the AlterG on your own, the following fees apply:
- 45 minutes: $40 +HST
If you have never before used the AlterG at our clinic then you must complete an introductory session. In this 45 minute session you will quickly learn how to operate the machine, have time to ask any questions you may have, and use it for 20 to 30 minutes.
Pay As You Go
- 30 minutes: $30 + HST; 1 session
- 60 minutes: $45 + HST; 1 session
- 30 minutes: $60 + HST; 3 sessions
- 60 minutes: $90 + HST; 3 sessions
Monthly Membership Rates
- 30 minute sessions: $130 + HST; maximum 3 times per week
- 60 minute sessions: $250 + HST; maximum 4 times per week
There are a limited amount of membership plans available. A minimum of 2 months are required with a membership. A 30 day notice of cancellation is required for membership plans. Contact us for more information on our membership plans.
Booking Your Appointment
You can contact us directly at our Central location (519-439-6111) to book an appointment.
You may also email us at ReceptionCentral@fpclondon.com
- AlterG – Anti-Gravity Treadmill – Clinical Research Summary
- Orthopaedic Guidelines for AlterG – Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- Neurological Guidelines for AlterG – Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- FPCLondon Referral pad –
- FPCLondon Locations –